What is Homestay?
What is a homestay? In most forms of accommodation you normally arrive as a stranger and leave as a stranger. That doesn’t happen in homestay! You stay in a regular Oxford house with a living breathing real local family.
Of course staying with a host family varies from home to home but here are some features that you should expect in a homestay:
- You will stay in a ‘real’ home not a place designed for tourists; you will be special – there will be few other guests staying.
- Expect a friendly welcome and with the host trying to make your stay a happy one.
- You will find a clean, tidy, safe and friendly environment.
- You will experience normal day to day life of people who live in England – seeing into another culture.
- You will be staying in an Oxford house – fairly central and with good transport links.
- The experience can include language study with a qualified English language teacher.
- Breakfast is provided and you normally eat the evening meal with your family hosts.
To make a booking click here
We can arrange a stay with a host family locally in Oxford. Oxford is divided into a number of locations: for example, our homestay is in Headington but there are other areas inside central Oxford such as Botley, Marston, Summertown and Cowley while outside the centre of Oxford there are such places as Kidlington, Yarnton and Woodstock. We have homestay families in each of these areas.